- School & Community
- Project Youth ArtReach
- Join Our
Interns & Volunteers
Class Acts Arts is looking for responsible interns and volunteers to become part of our team!
Interns and volunteers at Class Acts Arts are exposed to one of the leading arts education nonprofit organizations in the Washington area and gain valuable work skills and experience. Opportunities are available to assist with arts outreach, arts administration, development, marketing, special events and more. Interns and volunteers also have access to a wide range of engaging, educational performances and workshops, and the ability to witness the transformative power of the arts within communities and audiences who have limited or no access to the arts. You can offer a much needed boost and help us to provide outstanding cultural arts programs to our local communities.
Email us at email@example.com if you're interested and would like to learn more. Internships are unpaid and part-time.
Internships available for Summer 2013:
1. Event Planning Intern
Interns will work with the Development and Marketing Department, which is responsible for raising funds and increasing the visibility of Class Acts Arts. Special events are becoming an important strategy within these efforts. Intern responsibilities include coordinating schedules for event sites, artists and VIPs, supplies and materials, and assisting with marketing and promotion. This internship is a great opportunity for individuals seeking Certified Special Event Planner (CSEP) designation.
2. Arts Administration Intern
Interns will work in one or more of the following areas:
· Arts-in-education: Working with a roster of 40 artists, Arts Outreach coordinates over 1,500 arts programs a year in schools and community organizations in Maryland, Northern VA and Washington DC. Intern responsibilities include assisting with artist promotional materials, data entry, filing, school research and artist communication.
· Arts-in-corrections: Project Youth ArtReach (PYA) is a nationally recognized arts-in-corrections program that provides visual, literary and performing arts programs for court-involved youth within secure facilities and probation settings. Intern responsibilities include collating evaluations and data, researching curricula and assisting with artist trainings. Interns over 21 years old are eligible to assist artists inside detention centers, if desirable (not required).
· Development and marketing: Development and Marketing is responsible for raising funds and increasing the visibility of Class Acts Arts. Intern responsibilities include assisting with event planning, fundraising campaigns, data entry, researching grant opportunities, and writing proposals.
3. ECommunications and Social Network Media Intern
E-Communications/Social Networking Intern will be responsible for producing monthly eBlasts for Class Acts Arts as well as updating our website and producing content on Facebook and Twitter. Content will include upcoming events, information on programs and activities, donor solicitations, etc.
Intern may also work on other communications and marketing projects, including Class Acts Arts annual report.
Communications / Marketing major a plus
Should have an interest in the arts/arts background
Excellent writing skills
Web design or content management skills a plus
Graphic design skills a plus
4. Development Intern
Interns will work with the Development and Marketing Department. The Development and Marketing Department is responsible for raising funds and increasing the visibility of Class Acts Arts. Intern will assist with Class Acts Arts individual membership programs, including electronic and mail solicitations, special events, and donor relations. Intern responsibilities include assisting with fundraising campaigns and events, data entry, researching grant opportunities, and writing proposals. Background in marketing/communications a plus.
Prospective interns should have an interest in arts education, excellent writing and communication skills, be self starters, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org